Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Body Exfoliating: puff vs. exfoliating gel/cream wash?

I'm sure using a puff in the shower to lather does give some degree of exfoliation for the skin. But I'm wondering if it's really necessary to use an actual shower gel specifically for body exfoliating (maybe one that has the pumice or beads) to get even better results. Don't the beads serve the same purpose as a textured puff; buffing away dead skin cells? And just for the sake of asking, what are some good body exfoliating cleansers for dry, sensitive skin?Body Exfoliating: puff vs. exfoliating gel/cream wash?
A puff does exfoliate. But I use good old baking soda. Nothing makes your skin smoother. I use it with my regular facial cleanser %26amp; my face feels smoother than when I use a scrub. I haven't found anything that beats it yet. I also use it to strip my hair of build-up every couple of weeks. Good luck. 2DBody Exfoliating: puff vs. exfoliating gel/cream wash?
Body Scrubs are excellent exfoliators. I use handmade soap in a wash bag (which is similiar to the bath puff), then I use a body scrub. They are definetly two different ways to exfoliate, your skin will absord lotion, moisturized better with a good body scrub.





http://www.maryam-soap-nook.com/saltglow鈥?/a>
I also love a good natural lufa for the shower with a good hydrating shower gel - or natural oil (no baby oil)


try a sea salt scrub I love it so much - it does help me a lot with dry skin - and locks in moisture (If you shave with it your legs will be the smoothest ever) I love Awaken by Arbonne -


however - you can make your own if you find it pricey - with olive oil, kosher salt and a hint of lemon juice - (real is best)


Be cautious not to use any products with mineral oils to them.
How did it get so lucky to come across this question. just visit www.arbonne.com and the products will blow you away! there are all kinds of great facial and body cleansers. one aimed for sensitive skin is the intelligence kit. email me with any questions. ninalynnstewart@yahoo.com if you are really interested in any products and how to get discounted products contact me! :)
Puffs provide the lowest level of exfoliation and are good for everyday use, but you should consider adding a salt or sugar scrub into your routine once or twice a week, which I would apply by hand or washcloth. They really get the dead skin off, and if you choose one with an oil base, they are extremely moisturizing as well. Always follow up with lotion.
Puff's do not exfoliate all that well alone. Mix Epsom salt with a body oil/olive oil and scrub onto dry skin prior to taking a shower. Shower, then wash with your puff. Make sure you use a good moisturizer immediately after you exit the shower while the skin is still damp..
Well, as far as body exfoliators, I do my own thing. I buy Dove's new Cream-oil body wash (leaves your skin super soft/silky and smells great) and mix it w/some epsom salt. I then exfoliate my body w/it......it works great! My skin feels super soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment