Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I need suggestions for the best holding hair gel, hair spray, and hair cream?

I have very very curly hair. And i like to use garnier frutis, pantene pro v, sunsilk, frizz ease, and herbal essenceI need suggestions for the best holding hair gel, hair spray, and hair cream?
I had the same hair as you for 24 years. (recently got it Japanese straightened and love it; I actually like curls a lot but what I had was a kinky, frizzy mess instead of beautiful bouncing curls, otherwise I would never straighten it.)





Anyway, I have used so many product there is, including everything you mentioned and nothing seemed to tame it... but the best thing I found for my hair was TIGI (Bed Head company) Curls Rock Moistureizer; it makes your hair so easy to manage and smells nice with a little hold. You will have to use a gel with this to get it to hold properly. It's a little on the expensive side, like 13-15 dollas but worth it. Biosilk works almost as well but be careful not to use when very wet or combine with lots of other stuff, as it will cause flaking; So these are my cream suggestions...





As for gel, I tend to dislike the very strong ones like Garnier, so I used a light one like Treseme's bouncy curls or cleam gel. to tell you the truth, the hold on light gels is not great at all but the strong ones cause flakes and feel like glue, at least in my hair, so if you can get one in the middle, that would probably work. i was still searching for that when I straightened my hair, but some cheap gels that work decently are LA looks (they have different levels of hold, most are strong but not too intense) or clear ice (probably in the ethnic aisle, only costs like 1.99, my hairdresser used it to make banana curls once and it came out great! As a plain gel, its not bad either, just check the ingredients to make sure it does not contain petroleum. Recently, I came across a new product that I almost wished i had curly hair again for, so i could try it, its called Mixed Chicks and is specially formulated for bi racial or just alternative curly hair. I have heard good things about it but again dont have the curls anymore so I cant see if it lives up to its reviews...





A great website for curly hair that i used to use is : naturallycurly.com It has tons of product reviews, stories, pic, salons, etc...





Hope that helps.I need suggestions for the best holding hair gel, hair spray, and hair cream?
I use Zero Frizz instead of frizz ease...I just like it better on my naturally curly hair. There are certain hair products like Pantene that leave a residue on your hair, so I don't suggest these. I use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I'm currently using Aussie Moist, and it seems to be doing a good job. I also use Biolage products.





The fewer products you use at one time, the better. They'll just build up on your hair and make it flat.





Those are just my experiences though.





Good luck
Do you have short hair or longer hair? Do you want it to stay in one spot or to just retain its overall shape? I have short hiar, and have had just as good of luck with stuff like Garnier Surf Cream (in the little round tub) and Got-2-B paste from regular dept. stores like Target and Wal-Mart, but there's some stuff called Hair Glue that works pretty well, too.
every ones hair is different. what will work for one person, might not work for someone else. so just try different products, and see what you like.
A gel I like a lot when working with curl is La Bella's Curl Control Gel it's an 8 on a scale of 10 the gel itself is bright pink but even when I had blonde highlights I didnt notice the color being an issue.
got2be glued. its wicked strong hairspray.


http://www.folica.com/got2b_Glued_Sty_d1鈥?/a>
tresseme.





even the conditionor stops frizz


no hair products necessary


but


if not





they have sprays and gels.
Quick Crete.
  • say yes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment