Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can I use benzoyl peroxide in pure form (not in cream or Gel) on My face?

How much dangerous is it? if a little Bit then i think its ok.....Can I use benzoyl peroxide in pure form (not in cream or Gel) on My face?
terrible. you never use it in pure form! the lady who said she did is lying because anyone who puts it on pure burns the whole top layer of your skin right off. Then you get a itchy rash and then it scars up. Why do you thing they only use 10% and rarely up to 25% but thats it. Also Pure benzoyl peroxide is highly flammable, explosive, toxic, and is suspected of being a possible tumor promoter.Can I use benzoyl peroxide in pure form (not in cream or Gel) on My face?
Ouch. No good. Burned skin is not more attractive than acne. You can get a strong cream or gel, but even the strongest creams are usually only concentrated by 10% and even that can be too harsh. It's a bleaching agent so high concentrations can definitely do serious damage, not to mention it's a mutagen, which means it has the potential to mess with your DNA (in the simplest terms). Even using smaller concentrations of benzoyl peroxide directly on your skin too often can cause it to dry out really bad and peel. Now, I can't tell you exactly what would happen if you put pure benzoyl peroxide on your skin, but I can tell you that the potential negative side effects far outweigh the positive.





I have a feeling sweet pea either thinks she's using a pure form (because I have known girls to tell me they use pure benzoyl peroxide only to look at the package and realize they were just looking at the active ingredients) or that she is slowly doing serious damage to her skin. I would talk to a doctor to be sure, but no matter what, it's not healthy.
um... absolutely not my friend!


It usually doesn't come in very strong concentrations for a reason.


If you put it onto your skin fully concentrated, you'd basically be etching off the top layers of your skin.


You'd wind up with something that resembles a red, itchy, burning orange for a face... not pretty!


The whole secret to getting rid of pimples is to use the products regularly, wash your hands a lot and wash your face very carefully before bedtime.


Don't try anything radical - if it worked you'd have heard it used as a treatment already.
I do. I never had a problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment