Thursday, December 31, 2009

To avoid cutting yourself during shaving, is gel better than foam for shaving cream?

I noticed that most of the shaving creams that are designed to minimize cutting/irritation are gels rather than foam. Is there something inherently better about gel for avoiding cuts? Any specific products that you would recommend to reduce cuts and irritation?





Thanks.To avoid cutting yourself during shaving, is gel better than foam for shaving cream?
This is going to sound strange but it is true. While shaving try hair conditioner instead of shaving gels and cream. It leaves the skin smoother and softer.To avoid cutting yourself during shaving, is gel better than foam for shaving cream?
i don't think so, they all work about the same for me.





what i do to get a smoother shave:


-make sure you have a sharp fresh razor, razor burn and cuts usual come from a dull razor.


-exfoliate away any dead skin with a body brush or body scrub.


-if you want ot get a really good shave, sit in a bath for at least 15 minutes, this will get you pores to open.


-instead of shaving gel/cream/foam i use conditioner. it moisturizes and gives me a really smooth shave. it doesn't have to be an expensive conditioner either, i just use suave.


-when you shave do it slowly, going against the way your hair grows.


-rinse


-when you get out of the shower/bath apply a nice moisturizing lotion while you pores are still open to seal in maximum moisture.
I think gel is awesome :)! I've only ever used gel or shaving cream, but I always find gel way better. i normally wax and I've only cut myself once shaving. but how about you slow down when shaving, buy a new blade and always go straight up or down. But gel is great, it gives you a closer shave, moisturizes and is a bit more slippery so you don't kill yourself.
They are the same. Both are basically soap that is why you get a foam. I use the Bee Royal shaving cream it don't foam so it is like a thick lotion and your razor will glide. It is also medicated to prevent bumps and is only about $8. http://www.beeroyalproducts.com/store/pr鈥?/a>
I use gel mostly, but in a pinch I've used conditioner like that other person(and itworks pretty well). Technique comes into play and the razor to. When I used a two bladed one i cut myself to kingdom come(i shave my head) but once i got into the 4-5 blade ones that helped to.
As long as you shave with a safety razor the possibility of getting cuts are always going to be there, no matter what shaving cream or gel you use. The cuts get less and less frequent with experience.
No I dont think so. (I havent notcied anything). I know both are better than soap though. I heard you are supposed to shave in the direction of the hair to reduce cuts =]
Brandi's answer is true conditioner helps alot.
nope i use gel tho

No comments:

Post a Comment