Thursday, December 17, 2009

Looking for cream or gel that can get through ones skin to help with scar tissue?

I heard that dmso or msm cream will soften or get rid of scar tissue, I have to get into the skin about a 1/2 inch to get to it, any suggestions. Thank you and God Bless.Looking for cream or gel that can get through ones skin to help with scar tissue?
Dear Kato,


All i can do is share a bit of my story with you. I have very deep burn scars on my legs - it happened about 9 years ago.


I have had a skin graft(Not success-full).


I use vitamin e oil on the scars to keep them soft because it can become very painful if i don't keep it soft.





I WAS TOLD BY MY GP THAT LASER TREATMENT CAN GREATLY HELP IMPROVE THE LOOK OF THE SCARS.


IT IS ALSO MORE EFFECTIVE ON NEW SCARS.





I dont know where you have scars - as i said, mine is on my legs so i tend to wear trousers more often than I do dresses.





However, i love beautiful sandals and wear sandals and dresses in summer time if i feel like it.


I dont allow the scars to control my life.





WISHING YOU THE BEST.Looking for cream or gel that can get through ones skin to help with scar tissue?
I have heard that Vitamin E gel is good.
Mederma.
agreed, mederma works very well although it can be rather expensive
Try Kelo-cote. I picked some up at a drgstore and it worked well.
look for a cream at the local grocery store called mothers friend, it is for stretch marks mainly, but after i has surgery it was RX to me and it was great! It comes in a small round canister with a light blue-green label and costs about $8-11 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment