Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What shaving cream or gel do you use when shaving your legs?

I have been using soap every time I shave my legs and such but I read in a magazine that it's harsh for my skin.What shaving cream or gel do you use when shaving your legs?
I use skintimate shave gel, but when I dont have that on hand, I usually use either hair conditioner or Olay Ribbons body wash ( both really well, as well as the shave gel in fact, because they are so moisturizing).


The magazine you read may have a point if the soap you are using isnt very moisturizing - the key to a good shave is moisturization so that the hair is softened, making it easier for the razor to get a close shave. SO as long as your soap is moisturizing there really isnt any need to go spend more money on a shave gel.


Dont forget to moisturize right after shaving, though.What shaving cream or gel do you use when shaving your legs?
nair is good but if you have very sensitive skin it canget itchy but olay is a very good one :)
Yes, just using soap and water can cause razor burn and razor bumps. Soap may seem like a good idea, but it isn't lubricated enough to allow the blade to move smoothly against your skin.





Aveeno Skin Therapy shaving cream is my favorite shaving companion. It doesn't contain much of a fragrance, in case you are sensitive to fragrances. It has sort of pleasant almond pudding scent to it. It goes on incredibly silky and helps to prevent razor bumps and burns.
shaving gel is MUCH better than soap. soap dries my legs out and doesnt make them feel as smooth. i use skintimate shaving GEL. it works great. i don't like the creams.
i use skintimate gel. it comes out of the bottle as a gel, and when you put it on your legs, it turns into a cream. It's called ';Baby Soft'; It provides really great razor protection and really moisturizes your legs.
I use veet. It makes mine soft %26amp; silky.
Gillete woorks well; but i actually like Barbasol.
I use hair conditioner. It has moisturizers in it and because it's hair conditioner it softens the hair for shaving. I usually just get a big bottle of a cheep brand, it works great(no nicks or cuts) and it's less expensive than the shaving creams and gells. I got the idea from a beauty magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment